A retainer is a custom-made product that helps the teeth in retaining their shape and their straightening. It is made of plastic, rubber or metal and they are custom-made to fit the shape of patient’s teeth.
Usually, a retainer is applied after the removal of braces and they treat crooked teeth, underbite, and overbite.
- It helps the teeth to stay in their position after their straightening with braces.
- It controls the shifting of teeth.
- The retainers narrow the gap between the teeth.
- It ensures oral hygiene.
- It fights mouth problems and bacteria.
- Retainer helps in aligning the teeth.